Thursday, January 27, 2011

Butternut Squash Soup

3tlb veg oil
2tlb veg oil
2 med onions diced small
3 med sized butternut squashes, halved and seeded
3 cup chicken stock
1.5 cup whipping cream
salt, pepper, nutmeg, mace, and maple syrup to taste. (about a 1/3 cup maple syrup)

Preheat oven to 350, drizzle 2 tlb oil over squash and place on a baking sheet. Roast uncovered until tender. (30-1.5hrs) Remove and cool slightly. Using a spoon scoop out the flesh and set aside.

Heat 3 tlbs oil in large pot and add onions over MED LOW and cook onions till translucent. (I do this step while the squashes are finishing in the oven). Then add cooked squash , chicken stock. Bring to a simmer for 15 minutes. Blend the mixture till smooth. Add whipping cream, maple syrup, and seasons to taste.

I think its yummy to roast some finely chopped peacons mixed with oil and Cinnamon and sugar and sprinkle those on top.

1 comment:

Krystal said...

Man, I wish I had seen this before TODAY, since I made soup yesterday! I put mine over cheese ravioli's and it was quite tasty!