Best Muffins of My Life!
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup sweetened flaked coconut, chopped
3 tablespoons granulated sugar
3 tablespoons finely chopped, roasted, unsalted macadamia nuts
3 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
½ cup granulated sugar
1-½ teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
½ cup sweetened flaked coconut, chopped
2 large eggs
½ cup canola or vegetable oil
3 tablespoons unsweetened pineapple juice, reserved from canned pineapple
¾ cup drained canned unsweetened crushed pineapple
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Line a 12-cup regular muffin pan with paper liners or grease with nonstick cooking spray.
- Topping: In a small bowl, combine flour, coconut, sugar and macadamia nuts. Whisk together until well blended. Using a fork or clean fingers, work in the butter until evenly combined and mixture resembles coarse crumbs and starts to come together.
- Muffins: In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Whisk together until well blended. Stir in coconut.
- In medium bowl, whisk eggs until lightly beaten. Gradually whisk in oil until well blended. Stir in pineapple juice.
- Add egg mixture to flour mixture and stir just until combined. Fold in pineapple. Spoon batter into prepared muffin pan, filling cups ⅔ full. Crumble topping over top of batter.
- Bake for 20 to 22 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted into center comes out clean. Let cool in pan on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Remove from pan and transfer to a wire rack to cool.