1/4 cup orange juice
1/4 cup lemon juice
3 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp honey
1/2 tsp ground cumin
11 fresh garlic cloves chopped in large pieces
4 bone in chicken thighs skinned
6 boiler onions peeled and halved with roots still intact (could use 3 small onions quartered)
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
about 20 green olives cut in half
1 lemon (sliced all the way through NOT in wedges)
1/4 cup chopped parsley
1. Preheat oven to 400
2. Combine first 7 ingredients; and marinate for 30 minutes
3. Pour marinade in a 9x9 baking dish and put in oven doesnt matter if its preheated yet.
4. Heat large frying pan up at med high then place chicken on it (no oil or anything) cook 3 minutes on each side or until it is browned. put aside and put the onions in the pan to brown the edges so they are looking good (they do NOT need to be cooked through)
5. Put chicken in 9x9 pan, as wells as onions, lemon slices, olives, sprinkle with salt and pepper. Arrange it nicely.
6. Bake for 35 minutes
7. Eat (the parsley is for the table in case someone wants to sprinkle some on their dish)
I made it with brown rice and it was amazing. Although right now I do have a fondness for green olives and garlic. Oh and it is potent smelling.