Thursday, October 7, 2010

Eggplant Parmesan

This is my easy (non egg) version

Peel one good sized eggplant or 2 small ones depending on what size of pan you want to use. Cut 1/2 inch slices so you have big round circles. Heat a small amount of olive oil in pan med high heat. Place eggplant in a single layer in the oil. (Eggplants are like sponges and will soak up the oil. If you want firmer and less oily use less oil.) Cook about 4 minutes sprinkle the other side with olive oil then turn them over to cook about another 4 minutes or until eggplant is soft. Place eggplant in 8 X8 pan or larger. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Top with spaghetti sauce used from my previous recipe. Cover everything; I'm pretty generous with this. I like a little more spice so I sprinkle red pepper flakes on top of this. (Just a little) Then you sprinkle more Parm cheese to cover the top. Cook on 350 for 30 minutes or until cheese is melted and sauce bubbling.

Eat.

No comments: