onion 1 large, finely chopped
carrot 2 large peeled and grated
celery 2 sticks, finely chopped
flour 2 tablespoons
chicken broth 2 1/2 cups
milk 1 3/4 cups
Mexican blend cheese 2 cups grated (you may use your favorite cheese here as long as it is mild)
artichoke hearts 2 1/2 cups cut in large bite size pieces
1. put top 4 ingredients in a large pot and saute till soft. You may want to stir frequently as butter has a tendency to burn.
2. Put flour in and mix saute for another minute
3. Add in milk and broth, bring to a simmer
4. Add cheese and stir till melted
5. Add the artichokes and simmer till everything is nice and hot.
Serve and enjoy.